Monday, May 01, 2006

Here We Go!


Chu


May 1, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


So, it has begun. The time in my life where I start to attend many a wedding, and not just attend but maybe even participate. I have a little practice standing up for someone on their special day, but seeing as both those occasions were at the weddings of my parents this is very different.

With about a week left in my trip, I sat in the Eco Tours office in Montezuma checking my email when I got a cheeky, teasing email from my very very good friend Chu (Julie). At that time she was touring around many parts of Asia with her wonderful boyfriend Ken. Obviously we all know where this is going. Point is that day that we all knew was coming sometime, probably sooner than later, had arrived. Ken and Julie got engaged. I'm so happy for her, mostly just because I know she's happy and also because she deserves every minute of this joy. Personally, I'm still getting used to the idea that my friends are starting to go there. I knew this time was coming soon but I guess I just always looked at it as something that was going to happen, not something that is happening. I can't believe my friends are getting married. I, on the other hand, could not be farther from the alter. It doesn't bother me now but I must admit it may start bothering me when the others start getting hitched if I'm still this far away from such a scenario.

The issue of marriage, for me, has always seemed to highlight my Gemini nature. I very much want to find someone I'm willing and happy to spend the rest of my life with, but I have hard time grasping just how that's going to work. Let the dualities begin. I guess it just comes down to finding someone who is truly interested in many of the same things as you (travel is huge for me) and willing to live a similar lifestyle as well. It's an often exhausting search and so it's something I've stopped being so worried about. My life is good and I'm happy. I have so much love around me. Of course I'd love to have one special man in my life but I'm also not willing to settle and so I must just be happy with what I do have, and that's a plethora of amazing people all around. People I care very much about and people who I can honestly say I KNOW care very much about me. That's the essence of life and love as far as I'm concerned.


me and chu a couple years ago at school

Julie is one of those very people to whom I feel deeply connected and who I love very much. I can't wait to be there to witness her enormous step into the next stage of her life, supporting her in any way I can. Chu, my deepest and warmest congratulations. I love you very much and am so excited for you. A little shocked that we've reached that stage (let's face it I still feel like a kid) but ecstatic none-the-less. All my love and all the best. Just call me with any help you may need!

Mols

1 Comments:

At 10:59 a.m., Blogger julie alexis said...

awe mols, i love you! i just called by i'm guessing you're probably at work right now.
i know, it seems so grown up and i totally still think of myself as a kid - but so does ken adn i guess that's what makes us work.
can't wait to see you and catch up.
i miss you SO Much and i hope you continue to update your blog because i love the way you write and tell a story - you've got a gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home