Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I had a few minutes so...

if only I still had a few minutes like these, Ometepe Island, Nicaragua


August 15, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I can't believe that the summer is almost over, where has it gone? Thank god I am taking an opportunity to get up to the cottage for a few days this week. I think the lack of work this week is a blessing in disguise.

My very good friend Julie posted this same list on her blog (with some different answers of course) and I thought since I had a few minutes I'd follow the trend...


THIRTEEN random things I like:
1) eating oysters fresh from the ocean (it's true what they say you know)
2) the true peace of my cottage
3) trash mags
4) snorkelling
5) cooking for others
6) rogers PVR
7) sudoku
8) shakespeare in the park
9) crosswords
10) chillin on the balcony
11) the saturday paper
12) sunny days
13) speaking spanish

TWELVE albums to live and die by:
1) van morrison - moondance
2) dave matthews band - live at redrocks
3) bob marley - gold
4) a tribe called quest - beats rhymes and life
5) biggy - ready to die
6) pearl jam - ten
7) tracy chapman - tracy chapman
8) tlc - crazysexycool
9) pink floyd - dark side of the moon
10) jack johnson - brushfire fairytales
11) weezer - blue album
12) anything by outkast

ELEVEN random thoughts:
1) "i really hope i can see steph this week"
2) "a bath would be amazing tonight"
3) "there's probably something better i could be doing with my time right now"
4) "having a crush on someone who has one on you is fun"
5) "i wonder when i'm gonna settle down and where"
6) "i miss buffy"
7) "why do i care about celebrity gossip?!?" (ditto to that one julie)
8) "when will i return to montezuma"
9) "i can't wait to get out west again"
10) "my 20s are certainly a hell of a trip"
11) "i'm looking forward to reading a book by the lake"

TEN random things about me:
1) although i love them very much i have no tatoos
2) my life is filled with duality, fitting that i'm a gemini then
3) i've always had trouble turning off the thoughts in my head so that i can get to sleep, i'm a night hawk
4) i love lazy weekend mornings with good people and brunch
5) i prefer a night in with a small group of friends to a night out with lots of acquaintances (ditto julie)
6) i like hearing about people's families, no one is without an interesting history
7) i often have psychic experiences and wonder if i am sensing ghosts
8) i'm often mistaken for being a snob when really i'm just shy around people i don't know (ditto julie, especially by women)
9) i'm greatly affected by the moods of those around me
10) i pay attention to the details of life and have a great memory of them

NINE ways to win my heart: i pretty much just have to ditto this whole section of julie's, we're the same like that
1) be genuine
2) accept my faults and acknowledge your own
3) pick up on cues - or better yet, don't even wait for a cue
4) play with my hair/massage my back without being asked
5) keep your cool when i've lost mine
6) be sensitive to things i'm uncomfortable with
7) compliment me
8) be honest and communicate
9) trust me

EIGHT things I want to do before I die:
1) live in western canada
2) travel the world (BIG FAT DITTO probably my most important goal in life)
3) raise children
4) have a happy and healthy life (ditto julie)
5) fall truly and madly in love
6) live overseas
7) have a career that i enjoy
8) skydive

SEVEN things that annoy me:
1) my insecurities
2) people who think they're above you/below you
3) bad communications skills
4) bad customer service
5) the price of a movie these days
6) my alarm clock
7) toronto drivers

SIX things I believe in:
1) true love (ditto julie, i hope i can find it)
2) my intuition (ditto julie)
3) good friends (ditto again)
4) every person deserves peace
5) some sort of higher power (and again)
6) dreams (and again, really this is why we get each other julie)

FIVE things i'm afraid of:
1) a broken heart (but that doesn't seem to keep me from trying)
2) losing my parents to soon
3) not being successful in life
4) being alone in life
5) current world politics

FOUR of my favourite items in my room:
1) my many photos
2) my kawabi hoodie
3) my colour scheme
4) my buffy beenie baby

THREE things I do everyday:
1) read my horoscope
2) sudoku
3) take some time just for me

TWO things I want to do right now:
1) have a really great kiss, the kind you feel all over
2) hike a mountain

ONE person I want to see right now:
1) there's a few, too many of my peeps live far away these days :(

1 Comments:

At 10:35 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - i LOVE this!!! although i know most of those things about you already, it's cool to read your answers.
our similarities are things i think you and i are very passionate about for the most part. you can't deny that kind of connection!
now go check out this hot dress miss bridesmaid!
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/funkyboutique_1911_18732203
in a word: HOT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home