Wednesday, January 17, 2007

West Again


January 17, 2007
Vancouver, BC

I kept my promise to Steph. Sure I showed up at the airport loaded down with bags, but I promised I'd make it all pretty much disappear, and I did. She sat and watched with glee and amazement last night as I unpacked my things and fit them all into her apartment easily. In actuality, my stuff filled in all her blanks and it feels pretty perfect. She agrees and even says that it feels more like a home now. That pretty much sums up how I feel to be here.

After a weekend filled with work and family visits, it was wrapped out perfectly with a great gathering of some of the best people I have the priviledge of knowing. It was a fabulous evening, night and morning (got to sleep at about 5am) and I feel like I was sent off with a bang. Many thanks to you all!

steph's place

living room

Now that I'm here and settled in with Steph I can take some time to relax, reaquaint myself with beautiful Vancouver and stare at the mountains. It feels really good, mind you there is always a certain numbness to the first few days of a long trip away from home. It's a feeling I've noticed with every substantial trip away from home that I've taken. It feels good though and that's really the whole point.

Heading to Whistler this weekend to see so many more people I'm very much looking forward to seeing, but for now I'm just settling back into the west coast vibe. Good to be here.

mols
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home