Saturday, January 21, 2006

Let's Go Raptors!!


cheering on my team at the Sonics home court...and they won!

January 21, 2006
Seattle

So I met a kiwi named Tim last night over dinner at the hostel. Turns out he had a ticket to the ball game last night too so we scarfed down our food and headed out to the Key Arena for some hoops. That was my first time cheering on the Raps while they were on a road trip and I'm very happy to report that they pulled off the win. It was a great game, tight most of the way, with each team trading turns in the lead throughout. Also pretty cool was the fact that just a few rows behind me there was a full on Raptors cheering section! Made me proud!

I must make a point of mentioning that Seattle fans are pretty cool. Very nice all around. No one gave me dirty looks for cheering on my team and one guy even tipped me off to the fact that they get CBC here in Seattle and told me which channel. He must have heard me talking politics with Tim at half time and mentioned the big time election taking place on Monday. He's a Peter Mansbridge fan so how could I not like him? I'm hoping that I can find CBC in Portland too cause I'm sure that's where I'll be come Monday...although you never know! All I know is I have to find a way to keep up to the minute on my election results Monday night, soit may mean being glued to a computer screen.

The Green Tortoise hostel where I'm staying is so great. I've met a whole bunch of really cool people here. Three Canadian girls, and an American girl from the east coast and of course Tim the kiwi. A few of us are off to do the tourist thing today. Gonna start with a trip to the first ever Starbucks...sounds lame but hey when in Rome. Then it will be a lot of walking to various sites and hopefully a turn on the stage and the EMP. We're also in search of Jimi Hendrix's grave but apparently it's about an hour bus ride away so we'll see what happens.

Lynn (from rural Ontario via Montreal) is in a break dancing competition tonight so a few of us are going to go and check that out which should be super cool. I love breaking! Also, tomorrow morning Lynn and Tara (canucks both) are driving down to Portland so there's a chance that I'll be able to join them, which would be super great cause I'd love to do the road trip thing and they are both really cool. If that fails then I'll probably be on a bus at some point tomorrow. You never know though, Seattle is a pretty great city and I could always spend another day.

Anyway, the crew for the day is almost ready to head out so I'm signing off for now. What a thrill to see my Raps play at the Key Arena...and WIN!!!

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!

Peace
-M xoxo

1 Comments:

At 7:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo hon!

Go raptors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home